Are well-meaning policy decisions contributing to housing problem?
The rental market in Limerick and across the country is in dire straights at the moment and this is due to a number of reasons all coming together at the same time to cause the perfect storm! A couple of the issues in Limerick and the rest of the country are:
- No real housing supply has been built since 2008.
- The population has grown since the downturn.
- Employment is being created, people trickling into urban areas to fill positions.
- Higher building regs. making it more difficult for developers to consider building the much wanted housing.
- The abolishment of bedsits in the rental market.
These are just a few of the reasons affecting the market, this is certainly the consensus among Limerick Auctioneers and Estate Agents and letting agents.